Saturday, July 17, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

Kelsey and I have been taking cake decorating classes at Michael's this month. This is our first cake. The cake is a carrot cake with nuts as I am moving carrots this month because of the abundance in the CSA box from Soil Born Farms. For a practice cake Kelsey made this cake which I took to work with me today. Inside is a banana chocolate cake with a homemade chocolate pudding filling.

Next week we learn how to make flowers.

Michael's teaches the Wilton method of cake decorating and it is very easy to learn. I wish I had taken this class years ago. Now that I no longer have children at home I won't be getting much practice. Maybe in another ten years or so I can decorate cakes for the grandchildren.

Or I can take special request from my friends. Anyone????

1 comment: