Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes

I am leading a KAL (knit-along) at the LYS (local yarn shop) that I work at part time for a toe up sock.  It was one of the attendee's  birthday this past Thursday so I had a good excuse to bake.  I found a delicious sounding recipe for Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes on one of my favorite blogs Desserts For Breakfast
I followed the recipe for the cupcakes which turned out very moist and tasty.  The frosting I did change.

Vegan Pumpkin Frosting
1 cup solid white vegetable shortening
1 tsp. butter flavoring
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Scant 5/8 cup canned pumpkin
1 lb. confectioners sugar
1 tb. meringue powder (leave out if you want vegan frosting)

Cream shortening and flavoring together.  Add dry ingredients and mix on  medium speed until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed together. Slowly add canned pumpkin, continue mixing until well blended.




And yes, I had one for breakfast the next day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment