Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stitches West 2012

Last Friday I headed out to Santa Clara, California for Stitches West.  I did not get on the road as soon as I wanted but I still managed to get to Stitches with plenty of time to wander through the entire market once.

Friday night was the vendor fashion show and dinner. Garments and accessories from the different vendors were shown on the runway along with items featured in Knitter's Magazine.  Even better, during the show attendees' names were periodically pulled as winners of the yarn and pattern to make many of the items modeled.  Unfortunately my name was not picked but I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Afterward I headed to the dinner.  I did meet several knitters at my table but when I attend Stitches next year, I would find dinner elsewhere.  My meal was the normal hotel conference fare without a speaker or other entertainment.

Saturday started early at 8:30 a.m. with my class with Lily Chin learning all about reversible cables.   Lily does an amazing job sharing her methods of cabling. 



Yarn Barn of Kansas was doing a signing of Lily Chin's book Power Cables during the lunch hour in between my class and I was able to get my book signed and also have my picture taken with Lily.  I would highly recommend a class with Lily Chin.  She has a very organized way of teaching about cables although you do need to be comfortable referring to cables as monogamous and adulterous couples, involved in menagie a trois and the kamasutra.  She does ask to make sure no one will be offended.

Walking through the market it was pretty evident that the small shawl is the knit of the moment although versions of the poncho are a close second. 

I did not add to my stash of yarn but I did purchase the  Hermosa bag from Namaste.  With my purchase I got a set of the larger Oh Snaps.
My only other purchase was a Peppermint Kiss Lo-Lo lip balm and a Lavender Lil Lo-Lo to go bar from Bar Maids.  I love their stuff.

My time at Stitches flew by quickly and I'm looking forward to attending again next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment