Monday, September 17, 2012

Tahoe

What do two unemployed/retired people do for some down time? 
 Head to Tahoe.  
On the way we stopped in at Truckee to eat at Jax.  

Jax has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Even though it was really lunch time I had to have the eggs benedict.  I'm always on the quest for the best eggs benedict.  This one features a homemade English muffin with Maryland blue crab cakes, hollandise and avocado.  

Although I would have preferred my eggs a little more runny it was very tasty and I just loved the crunchy string potato hash browns.

And now on to Tahoe.

Sunset from the pier.

From the pier toward the beach.


On the agenda was the gondolas at Heavenly Mountain Resort.

View from the top.

We started at a elevation of 6,255'.

And the observation deck was at 9,123'.



This is what a ski run looks like without snow at Adventure Peak.  Lots of rocks and lumber.
Since I don't ski I guess this is something I don't need to worry about.

And now for the ride down.

Are you sick to your stomach yet?

I did manage to do a little bit of knitting. 
 The beginning of another bear for Mother Bear.

Artwork in the sky.

Another sunset on the beach.

We had a very relaxing couple of days. 
Now back to reality. 



2 comments: