Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Dinner

Jim had a birthday today.  I asked him what he would like for me to cook for dinner.
His reply - fried catfish and hush puppies. 
I may have been raised in the south but I can't fry food.  My children know if you want fried chicken we go to Popeye's Fried Chicken so fried catfish and hush puppies are not in my repertoire. 
The man wanted his catfish so he agreed to make it himself.  My contribution was the oven Parmesan fries and homemade tartar sauce.
 Although the fishmonger at the store said beer would be a great accompaniment with our catfish we of course had wine.
Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Fay 2001 which was purchased on our honeymoon.
Since he did most of the cooking I did the dishes and, no, I will not be cooking on my birthday.
Kelsey will be here so I have assigned her that job although she doesn't know it yet.

Happy Birthday Baby!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Annemieke, I'm not much of a fryer either - except for shrimp...I can fry the shrimp, but I grew up in Galveston. I think it's a rule.

    Happy BD to Jim!

    ReplyDelete