Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lemon Basil Shortbread Cookies

Fridays if I'm not working I am knitting with friends.  This past Friday Deborah brought Lemon-Lime Basil Shortbread Cookies from "bon appetit". They were delicious. The lemon and basil are very suble and the cookies are light.  Hagen has been going with me to Friday knitting so he can have lunch at Rubio's ( he reads, the rest of us knit) and I think he ate half the cookies.  Obviously I needed to make these cookies.

Mine are Lemon Basil Shortbread Cookies.  I did not have the lime to zest.
 I also did not have sanding sugar so I used turbinado sugar.
 This recipe says it makes about 16, I made 18.  As quickly as these cookies are eaten, the recipe needs to be doubled in my opinion.
Nothing to do with the cookies, just a cute picture of Millie.
Get use to it people, you'll be seeing a lot of pictures of her.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful recipe and if it's as good as I think it is, I'm glad it will only make 16-18. We have a weakness for cookies.

    More Millie please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I have lots of basil, so will go look for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete