Friday, July 13, 2012

Bear 1, Bear 2 and A Blanket

When there is chaos in my life my go-to knitting is for charity. There's no size involved and I know it will be appreciated.

Meet Hank

And Ben

The Mother Bear Project is "dedicated to providing comfort and hope to children affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging nations, by giving them a gift of love in the form of a hand-knit or crocheted bear."
Hank and Ben are the first of many bears I plan on knitting for the Mother Bear Project. 
I'm thinking the next bears need to be girls. 


I also knit a blanket for The Linus Project.  The Linus Project provides handmade blankets to local children in need. My local knitting guild, the Camellia City Stockinettes, is a supporter of the Linus Project. 

 I've been using  Plymouth Encore and Ella Rae Amity, both acrylic wool blends, that I have been collecting because it is washable for all these projects.

While I'm sure the individual charities are happy to receive the items I am knitting, I am looking forward to my life settling down.




No comments:

Post a Comment