Sunday, November 11, 2012

Women's Wellness Weekend

 
My friend Liz asked a few months ago if I was interested in going to the Women's Wellness Weekend at the Granlibakken.  I discussed it with Jim and thought it would be a great and informative weekend to attend.  Didn't really think much about it being in November. Remember I have lived my formative years in Texas.   The biggest weather issue might be some rain.  But this is not Texas and guess what? Tahoe City might be a mere hour and a half from home but a totally different elevation.  An elevation that started to get snow Thursday night.  Friday we headed out with our intrepid driver Carolyn into 
 
S
N
O
W
 
A normal 1 1/2 hour drive took 3 1/2 hours.
  
 Isn't it beautiful?
The high for both Friday and Saturday was 28 degrees.
?
 The lows around 14 degrees.

 
Needless to say I didn't spend much time outside. 
 The Women's Wellness Weekend was phenomenal with a great variety of speakers, local vendors and health  providers. 
 
They are planning another one again next year.
I'd love to go just don't know if I want to tackle the  weather.
It's cold up in them hills!!


1 comment: