Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Needle Case

The other weekend before the Man child arrived for his spring break visit  I headed two hours north to Chico, California to attend a workshop taught by Sue Spargo at Honey Run QuiltersSue Spargo creates wonderfully colorful folk art quilts using hand-dyed wool, silks, velvets, threads and embellishments. 

Before attending class I did my homework like a good girl which involved cutting out wool circles and whip stitching them down on to a base.

For this workshop we learned 8 stitches which we practiced on the back of the needle case and then combined those stitches to create the front cover.  The thread we used was a #8 pearl cotton by Valdani.

 And here is the finished needle case.
 
A sampler of stitches.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi!!! I bought all to make one of these, your case it’s lovely, can you share me the instructions to make only the case, size, amount of fabric…y hace the sue spargo book and circles patterns too but I don have the size for the case

    ReplyDelete