Thursday, March 21, 2013

Quilts A-go-go

 One of the perks of working at Sew Fun Fabric is on your days off, if the longarm quilting machine is not being rented, employees can use it to quilt their personal quilts.
 
This first quilt is called Bits & Pieces and was one of the shop's block of the month in 2012. 
 
 You started with a background fabric and one other fabric and each following month added another fabric of your choice.
 
This is the first block.
 
I found out doing this quilt I am not block of the month material.  I wanted to pick all my fabrics and finish the quilt after the second month.  I actually quit going in to pick my fabrics until November and then got all but the last pattern and fabric.  I had to wait until December for those.
 

 
This next quilt is slated to become a Christmas present.  This is a free pattern from Moda called Blueberry Crumb Cake.  I normally do not like to do a pattern in the colors it calls for but it is perfect for the intended recipient.
 

 
I am so excited to have both these quilts finished.  Now on to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment