Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The First Clue is Finished

 

WARNING:  If you are doing the Boo Knits Halloween KAL 2013 and do not want to see spoiler pictures read no further!
 
I have participated in a few mystery knit alongs and have not always been happy with the resulting end product so I tend to stay away from them. 
 
One of my favorite go to shawls is called Heaven Scent by Boo Knits.
 
 
When I saw there was going to be a Boo Knits Halloween Mystery KAL I gave it some thought before deciding to do this one.
 
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/morticia---halloween-mkal-2013

The shawl is called Morticia and if you can keep up with the clues you will be done in time to wear it for Halloween.
 
I had 2 skeins of Madelinetosh silk lace that I had gotten back when Amy was first starting in the business and would come by the shop with a basket of yarn she had just finished dyeing.
 
 
 These two skeins of silk lace she had done as a special order for me.
 
 
And I have been saving them and decided now was a good time to enjoy them.
 
There will be four clues in this mystery KAL.  The first clue came out on Tuesday, October 1.
 Dru Ann was still visiting so I cast on after I dropped her off at the airport on the 2nd to help cheer me up.
 
 
Knitting beads and lace makes me happy, especially when it's purple. 
 
 
 The shawl starts on a US 4 needles and after the first three rows you switch to a US 5.
I missed that instruction until after the first repeat of Chart A so I switched to the US 5 on the second and third repeat of the chart.
 
 
I decided I would make the large so I did one more repeat of the chart on a US 6.
 

The clues are scheduled to come out October 1, 8, 15 and 22.
I finished with the first clue last night and the second clue came out today.
 
Perfect timing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment