Monday, November 4, 2013

Kale Pesto

Today I had lunch with my friend Liz and she mentioned making shrimp linguine with kale pesto for her husband the other night and she thought we might enjoy it.
 
After lunch I headed to the grocery store to do my normal weekly shopping and bought a bunch of kale and some shrimp to try it out.
 
Liz is a trained chef and didn't really give me an exact recipe so I winged it.
 
1 bunch kale, cut from stems
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup shelled salted pistachios
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
pepper
Process adding olive oil to desired consistency.
 
 
 
 
 I cooked some fettuccine noodles, sauteed 1/2 pound raw deveined seasoned shrimp in some olive oil and mixed together.  I only used half the pesto so I put the rest in the freezer for another day.
 
The dish is delicious and Jim gave it a two thumbs up.
 
I failed to mention to him and he didn't ask that I used kale so please if you see him don't let him know.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Your secret is safe with me. This recipe makes winter pesto possible. I have kale in the garden! Cool! Yetz

    ReplyDelete