Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Jim and I moved to California four years ago in November.  Thanksgiving has become a time of reflection for me.  It is a time be grateful for our health, family, friends, jobs, home and having food on the table.
 
This year I've finally come to terms with the fact it is him and me in California.  The rest of our family is in Texas.  That also includes my very best friend and her husband.  And I'm actually okay with that. I have a great husband, our children are all well,  I  have made a few special friends here and I have a new job I truly enjoy. 
 
And so this evening I prepared a traditional turkey dinner with wild rice dressing for the two of us.  Yes we could have feed a few more but I have yet to find those to invite that don't already have family to celebrate the holiday.
 
 
My only regret is I didn't make dessert so no chocolate pecan pie for breakfast.
 
I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving day and the hope that life treats you well.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment