Monday, April 7, 2014

8 Stitches

I cast on a sock in January using Sweet Georgia tough love sock which is a superwash merino wool and nylon blend that I picked up in my wanderings from Article Pract in Oakland. 
 
I had bought this yarn to make a pair of socks for a friend but I was not happy how they were turning out and so I found myself not working on them.  I just did not like how the yarn was pooling.
 
This Sunday I decided I needed to either get working on these socks or start over.

I picked start over.
 
I had initially cast on 64 stitches and so I decided to cast on 8 more stitches this time.
 
Generally I cast on 72 stitches when making Jim or Hagen's socks so I decided to just do a 2 by 2 rib to compensate for the extra stitches.
 
I am so much happier on how the sock is turning out.
 
It's amazing what a few more stitches can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment