Monday, August 11, 2014

Harvest Days

Thankfully I am not dependent on fresh vegetables from our garden each evening for our dinner.
We live in California and we take full advantage of the myriad of farmers markets.
We are harvesting plenty of lemon cucumbers (they look like lemons but they taste like cucumbers) and banana peppers which I've been making into tasty cucumber salad.
And also zesty lemon cucumber pickles.
Our green bean bushes, which we have 6, are not really producing.
 
Pictured are the first handful of green beans I've picked which pretty much was all that was growing.
This is my first year growing green beans and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
We have flowers that do not then become beans.
 
I am willing to trade pickles for advice.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment