Thursday, October 2, 2014

What's On Your Design Wall?

 
My design wall runneth over in projects.
 
In November 2013 I blogged about the Cheryl Anns design wall I bought at the Pacific International Quilt Festival held each October in Santa Clara, California. 
 
I like this design wall as it measures 72" x 72" so it holds a good size quilt. 
 
 The downside to this design wall because of its easel back system pretty much means it  needs a room of its own.
.
 
 I my case the living room which is not where I sew.
 
A few months back I was visiting one of my shops in Santa Cruz, California,  Judy's Sewing Center
and she had on display a design wall  that looked like a window treatment.
 
  The design wall is by Classy American Design Walls and I bought one.
While the design surface is smaller than my other design wall, only 54" x 60",  I was able to hang it in my sewing room.  And if I so desire I can roll it up like a blind and it will all disappear.
 
I happen to like looking at my work.
 
Currently I have some of the  blocks from my Dear Jane quilt, two of the center blocks from the Garden Medallion by Kim Diehl which I am making with Dru Ann (I'm doing the applique, she's doing the piecing) and basket quilt blocks of my own design I am making for my Jo Morton Basket Parade on display.
 
Life is very colorful.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment