Monday, September 7, 2009

My Labor Day Weekend

Besides all the knitting I am doing these days the other thing that fills my time is soccer. Soccer practice, soccer games and soccer tournaments.

This weekend was the Plano Labor Day Soccer Tournament. No tournament is complete without early morning games. We are talking 7:30 a.m. Subtract from that the 45 minutes the coach wants you to be there before the game and another hour it takes to get to the game and we're talking leaving the house at 5:45 a.m. That is just WAY TOO EARLY. I did check into getting a hotel because we also had 3:00 games both days but being a holiday weekend there was not much available. I was given the option of king size beds (no I do not want to sleep with my child) or smoking rooms. So we drove back and forth. I will say I saw some new parts of highway 121 and 161 that I have never seen before. Thank goodness for toll tags.

Saturday's games were at Pizza Hut Park. The facility is great but they really need to have covered seating for the spectators. Especially since they charged $7.00 to park. The morning game, which we won, was great but the afternoon game was hot and to top if off the boys had to play on Astroturf. Talk about adding another 10 degrees heat. We tied that game. Sunday morning we played at Russell Creek Park. They have covered seating!! This game we lost but still qualified for the quarter finals at.......Highpoint Park. They're fields needed some TLC and water. And you definitely did not want to use the ladies facilities. The field we played on was smaller then our normal field and fast. This game we lost which ended our tournament play. While I am sad the boys didn't get to play in the semi-finals and finals I was very happy to be able to sleep in today.




This is a pictures of all twenty-two of the boys. I guess I really should refer to them as young men. My child is top left.



This is just an awesome picture of the child in action. Watch that elbow!! One of the dads on the team takes pictures throughout the games and then shares them on Shutterfly. Thank you Keith.

Of course I did get some knitting done waiting for games to start and at half time. I get to involved watching the action to knit during the games. I finished a market bag which I will post when I take a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment