Friday, September 25, 2009

One Down, One To Go

The start of the 2009-2010 Knit Purl Sock Club was this month. I had used my California address and when I went to visit the dear husband last week my September sock club was waiting for me. I already knew it was there and had ask Jim what the needle gauge was so I could bring the right size needles to begin. Needless to say I started sock one and I got quite a bit done on the plane home to Arlington while finishing up listening to the last Harry Potter book. As of today I have one sock complete.
This sock pattern was designed by Kristin Spurkland and is called Eikrem Sock. The yarn is one skein of Chameleon Colorworks Twinkle Toes and the color is Socktail. This yarn is a blend of 50% superwash merino wool and 50% Tencel. The tencel makes is somewhat splity but I like the sheen it gives the yarn. Now I need to cast on the next sock to avoid the "second sock syndrome".

No comments:

Post a Comment