Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mei Ling's New Sweater

Yesterday I decided I needed to get out of the house. It's getting to a point that it is harder and harder to find somewhere to put things as I unpack boxes. The weather here in Sacramento has gotten chillier and Mei Ling is wearing the sweater I previously knit her 24/7. What better excuse to go to a yarn shop!!! So off I headed to The Yarn Shoppe in Elk Grove.



The Yarn Shoppe in Elk Grove is a wonderful well lit store. The people there are friendly and helpful. I wandered for awhile touching and feeling. I did fondle for some time some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (should we say spoiled dog) but decided on some Berroco Pure Merino dk in three colors - navy, eggplant and aqua. In the photo the aqua is looking more light blue - just imagine it a little more green. If I can make it to DFW Fiber Fest in April I hope to take Franklin Habit's class on photographing yarn. I think it will really help my photography. The yarn is said to be shrink resistant. I just need to remember not to put it in the dryer.
I hope to hang out more at The Yarn Shoppe!! They have knit nights Tuesday and Thursday right now and I did overhear something about people bringing wine, kinda like the old shoppe. The biggest drawback is that it's about 25 minutes from the house. Then again for me that's kinda like the old shoppe!

No comments:

Post a Comment