Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Recipe for Johnsonville Italian Sausage

Although I am American born I did not grow up eating American food.  My mother did not learn to cook until after she was married but she did not necessarily embrace the food of America.  I did not know what a BLT was until I was in college and that I learned about in Art Appreciation,  Claes Oldenburg Blt
Meatloaf was not made in our household and I did not cook meatloaf for my children.  I will say I am a lover of beef and sausage so this recipe I concocted I am happy to share.

Individual Meat Loaves
1 tbl olive oil
 3 c. onion
 3 tbl Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c chicken stock
1 tbl ketchup
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg (1.235) lbs hot Italian Johnsonville sausage
1/2 c panko
2 egg. beaten
1/2 c ketchup
2 tbl Sriracha  chile sauce, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Heat olive oil in medium pan and add onions and cook over medium-low heat until the onions are translucent.  Off heat add Worcestershire sauce, broth and 1 tbl ketchup.  Allow to cool.  In a large bowl, combine ground beef and sausage removed from casings, onion mixture, panko and eggs.  Mix.  Divide the mixture into 5 portions and shape each into a small loaf .  Mix ketchup and Sriracha sauce and divide and spread on the top of each loaf.  Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.



Jim said he hasn't eaten meatloaf since he was 18 and he would be happy to eat this again.
I'm putting two of these in the freezer to eat in the future.






1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! Meatloaf! Is there anything better than a meatloaf sandwich? I think not.

    ReplyDelete