Monday, March 14, 2011

Johnsonville Italian Sausage

I am occasionally given the opportunity to review products through Shespeaks.com  I recently signed up to be involved in the Johnsonville Italian Sausage Program.

We normally buy sausage to cook on the grill so I'm now being challenged to cook with sausage in other ways.

With the coupons I received I also received a pamphlet with recipe ideas.  So I tried the meatballs. 

1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 c panko
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c milk
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1 tsp basil
1 package Johnsonville Hot Italian sausage Links

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine the egg, panko, Parmesan cheese, milk and onion.  Remove sausage from casings.  Add sausage to mixture and mix well.  Shape into 20 meatballs approximately golf ball size.  Arrange meatballs on a shallow baking pan.  Bake for 20 minutes.   
Boil some pasta.
                             
And heat up some pasta sauce. 
And Enjoy!!
This was our first time to try Francesco Rinaldi pasta sauce and I found it very flavorful.  I don't normally like prepared pasta sauce because they are too sweet but  I found this sauce to be more like I make from scratch.  The Johnsonville sausage meatballs were a delightful variation on meatballs.  Although I bought the hot variety Kelsey did not find them overly spicy.  Jim and I could have taken a little more kick but we still found the meal very satisfying and enjoyable.  I will be definately making these meatballs again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment