Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Pair of Socks

We finished our KAL we were doing at the store for toe up socks and I finally finished my second pair.
These are for me.

 The first pair for Jim was a simple 1 x 3 rib so for my pair I wanted to do something different.
I looked through Knitting Stitches by Mary Webb and decided on the miniature plait, an easy pattern just a little tedious. I don't have small feet, I wear a 9 1/2 shoe, so I ran out of yarn.
 I used Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino fingering weight yarn which only has 175 yards in a skein.   I had some left over Madelinetosh fingering weight in my stash that was color compatible so I  used that for the cuffs. I did a slightly larger twisted cable for the cuff.
                                       
The socks fit great.
Now I need to figure out what socks to make next.  I'm eyeing a pair in the new Book of Socks by Clara Parkes.

No comments:

Post a Comment