Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cherry Tomatoes

My friend Cheryl left us a wonderful surprise, some beautiful cherry tomatoes, at our front door yesterday that she had gotten at the farmers market that day.  I went searching for a recipe to do these delightful jewels justice. 


 I found a recipe by Tyler Florence with a blue cheese dressing.
1/4 c. crumbled blue cheese, I used Point Reyes
1/4 c. buttermilk, I used a scant 1/4 c. heavy cream with a tb. vinegar
1 tb. olive oil
1 tb. lemon juice
Salt and pepper
2 tbs. fresh chives
1 pint cherry tomatoes

Blend first 6 ingredients together using a fork to work in the blue cheese.
Add cherry tomatoes.

My goal is to get to the farmers market next week.

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. It's not spring here yet--84 yesterday, then snow today--but this recipe might make spring feel a little closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I think our Farmer's Market is now open...

    ReplyDelete