Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Couldn't Help Myself

Liz Abinante recently posted a new Mystery KAL. As a fan of her Saroyan I just couldn't resist the call of a mystery KAL.
First to go stash diving to see if I had any sock yarn that would work.  I needed between 410 to 430 yards in a somewhat solid color.  The one yarn I had was some Temptation which is 80% superwash merino, 10% nylon and 10% cashmere I had purchased at Madrona from Abstract Fiber that was destined to be a pair of socks for Jim in blues.  Not really my colors, so what does a girl do, she goes online shopping at Abstract Fiber for Temptation in a color she would wear.  I seem to have a thing for red right now and that is what I bought.  What is even better, Abstract Fiber is donating 50% of the purchase price of the color Red to the Red Cross to support Earthquake relief in Japan through April 30. 


The first clue was posted last Friday.  I finally worked on my shawl last night and this is what the first clue produced.
Today the second clue was posted.  I have decided to wait until a few others have knit Clue 2.  This way I get to enjoy their expertise and sharing of knowledge.

In other KAL news the Rose Stole is now half done.  It looks like a lump so I don't plan to take pictures again until it is finished and blocked.

2 comments:

  1. That red is gorgeous! Can't wait to see what it will be, since I love Saroyan.

    ReplyDelete