Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cat Bordhi

Today I had the pleasure of taking a class with Cat Bordhi at Meadow Farm Yarn Studio in Nevada City which is a little over an hour drive northwest of our home in Sacramento. The class focused on Cat's techniques for knitting toe up socks from her book "New Pathways for Sock Knitters".

Here is my baby sock sample with a garter stitch toe and the Upstream increase technique. 

I have now started a pair of socks using Cat's methods out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the new colorway 'Cat Bordhi's AHAH!'  The class was packed full of information and I would highly recommend taking a class with Cat Bordhi if the opportunity presents itself.

Just an aside.  During the class this morning I watched through the windows rain turn to snow.  I'm really amazed how the weather here in California is just crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment