Sunday, June 2, 2013

I'm Back!!!!

I'm back from Texas.
 
A month or so ago I was experiencing a bit of malaise and realized I hadn't been to Texas in almost a year. 

That had to be rectified so I booked myself a flight and off I went to Texas - for a few weeks - because I can - and I have a husband that likes to see me happy.
 
I went to Waco with Hagen to see Kelsey and meet her fiancee Mike and just hang out.
 
 
Dru Ann and I went to a quilt retreat in Eustace and weathered the tornadoes. We were blessed to just have some thunderstorms.    I met some very lovely, welcoming women and sewed for four days trying to make a dent in the blocks from Cotton Club by Paula Barnes.
 
If you are ever in Athens, Texas looking for a quilt shop check out The Needle Niche.  Beverly is the owner and she is awesome!!
 

These are the blocks I finished in Eustace.
 
A brief stop back in Arlington to do a bit of laundry and
  then off to our private retreat at Charles and Dru Ann's lake house at Cedar Creek Lake.
 
Photo: Annemieke and Dru Ann's quilt retreat
 
I did managed to finish all 45 blocks for the Cotton Club quilt and get two panels put together.
 
 
 
We enjoyed some wine.
 
 
Cheese.
 
 
 
 And we enjoyed the deck with the dogs.

I also spent some time with Rachel and Brad, Haylee and the Miller' boys.
No, that's not a band, just all our children and their beloved.

 Jim, not wanting to miss out on all the fun, came in Thursday.  We all  had a fantabulous evening on Friday at the Miller's.



 Finishing up with dinner and for me bread pudding from
 Ellerbe's Saturday night before heading back to California.

We also managed to sew 10 pillowcases, bind a quilt and  I have knitted a baby sweater. 

And I think we have snared Kelsey to the sewing world.

All is good in the world!!!



 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good time. I can see the happiness radiating from your face in the picture with Dru Ann. :)

    ReplyDelete